Let’s be real for a second! Family dynamics are tough! Even if you all grew up in the same household, you and your family members can be very different people. With large age gaps, natural differences in personalities, and contrasting values or beliefs, connecting can be tough! There are also many different types of families – nuclear, extended, single-parent, blended and childless. And, with more young people continuing to live in their family home after they reach adulthood, more and more families (over 18% of the US population) are now living in “multi-generational” homes. In these families, people of very different ages and generations are trying to co-exist.
Can you relate?
- Are there tensions within your family?
- Do you feel like you’re not being heard?
- Is there a lack of honest or respectful communication within the family?
- Are there significant underlying issues between your family members that need to be addressed?
- Do you feel isolated and alone?
- Are you feeling judged or dismissed?
- Are there intergenerational differences making it hard to connect?
The good news is that you can improve your relationships, creating authentic communication and respect. You and each member of your family can work towards feeling validated, heard, and better understood!
Do you feel…
- That you’d like each family member to better understand one another?
- That you genuinely want to respectfully resolve conflict?
- That you’d like to establish healthy relationships and boundaries?
Whether aimed at addressing small issues or dealing with potentially relationship-breaking challenges, family therapy can help each person feel valued and connected again. In our practice we provide a non-judgmental, supportive environment to meet your family’s needs. We combine evidence-based techniques and therapies to foster confidence, openness, and respect, and help your family work together to improve relationships with each other and themselves.
Family counselling can be an empowering process!
With the right tools, appropriate approaches and healthy insight, family frustrations often ease or disappear, problems become manageable, and communication increases. This paves the way for calmer, happier relationships and a healthy way forward.
If you’d like to find out how family counselling can help you and your loved ones, contact us today! We’re happy to help!